Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So much for that

fng
Contributor
O well gold and oil all both retracing i take it tomorrow definately a short then? will that gold ever see the 1000 mark that everyone has been saying it will happen supposedly from last week... yeah right!!!
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
If you trade ETF GLD keep an eye on the rand dollar rate if gold can stay at $950 and rand weakens to 850 to dollar then ETF should be 80.75 the mines like harmony and gfi have no rules only gold bugs understand their Physiological nature
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
In most articiles it is mentioned that that will only happen AFTER a pullback, so I would reckon you are a bit early, IMO the move will only start next week as gold has not had a significant pullback yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OR: gold might pull back to 880 and test 1000 again over 4 months time,.. if the previous patterns persists.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Even with the help of a weakening US currency, the gold price will find it "challenging" to break through the psychological $1 000/oz mark in the next six months, unless strong bearish sentiment returns to equity markets, Australian equity researcher Resource Capital Research (RCR) said in a report this week. In its latest quarterly report on junior and midtier gold companies, RCR predicts gold will trade in the range of $900/oz to $1,000/oz during the next six months, but adds that it sees slightly more risk on the downside if equity markets continue to rally. (engineering news)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
been waiting a week for this pullback....gfi/har presented a MAJOR buying opportunity this morning.adios
0 Kudos
fng
Contributor
buy this major buying opportunity you mean?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err.. MAJOR selling signal I think, I'm definitely not buying on a downturn after resistance.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
lol maybe its time to buy SHORTS?
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I'm backing dinen on this one, I'm long HAR atm.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
where is your stop loss? you might have to hold for another few days!! IMO
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
My stop is where it should be
0 Kudos