Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So whats in your Christmas stocking.

nala
Super Contributor
after the craaaaaashes i went into bricks and mortar - nothing better thah the physical- i did some renovations
0 Kudos
Not applicable
real austrian milk chocolate all the way from mother country
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes like most things I own they are second hand or bought on auction....35 K of value bought for a fraction of that
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JJ hofmeyer in Wynberg....bought all my household stuff there....then there Eddie Coetzee out in milnerton....Kenny Finberg is good for watches....then of course for the other stuff there is swelco....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I used to go to the auctions all the time.. These days I try get the welz auctions. The thing I find difficult is sitting waiting for the one good thing in amongst all the *****. I am looking to get some decent sound..what model of speaker was it that you bought..sounds like you got a deal.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John they are acoustic energy ae1 series 2....bought for 5K with stands ....the stands go for 10K alone....despite their age they aqre still considered to have set the standard....when you listen and you dont know there are speakers u know you have good speakers.....they are very demanding in terms of what drives them so you need to make sure your amp is up to it....I use an tandberg power and preamp and cambridge audio CD player and a magnat subwoofer...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Do any of our local stores stock these?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good afternoon Just wanted to say that I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I really enjoy reading your posts and the advice, so thanks. Sadie
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please let us not forget the sick,the under privilaged,the aged,the orphans,the destitute,the needy and the widows.There is no greater deed and thrill than giving and sharing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please let us not forget the sick,the under privilaged,the aged,the orphans,the destitute,the needy and the widows.There is no greater deed and thrill than giving and sharing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
By the way not only when its Christmas time, but spare a thought every day of our lives.Our lives would be so much more enriched.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
unfortunately not, so it is a real process to get the chocies here
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
IWC Portuguese chronograph, not sure how I am going to pay for it though?
0 Kudos