Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So where are we in the big picture

john_1
Super Contributor
We broke uptrend support last thursday which triggered a huge wall of selling.... we have been back up to test that break out..but have failed to hold above support...now we are looking to test the lows laid down by that selling last thursday. If we fail to see buying around the 23200/23400 level we are going to see some more very determined selling in my view..OMO
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
saash
Super Contributor
Ya - looking at the market news this morning - looks like a pretty dismal open and trading today. I was really hoping the pull-back would trigger some buying - but it looks like this is the short we were all expecting about 2/3 months back ..... sell in May contagion?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Morning! Isn't there a gap today? Short after gap close?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dont say that.. market never sells off in may..LOL
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we are also in a gap close from last mondays horror open
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
All looks a bit bearish johnboy. I'm with you, think we might see more serious selling. Of course, doesn't go down in a straight line. So, lots of volatility with a bearish bias until we hit bottom. Geez, I sound like a weatherman.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
That one looks like a breakaway.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
if it was a break away gap..we would be moving up not down
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
There will be a 60% chance of bear this week, with scattered bullishness in some sectors .... lol
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just checked the topi and alsh charts again. Don't see a gap but do see a possible bounce off support.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Anyway, FTSE green currently; todays gap seems to be closing. My longs are smiling at the moment. Busy looking for a place to enter a short.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Markets are not happy, and they don't appear to know what they want in order to become happy. You give them sweeties and they still cry. Maybe a change of diaper will help?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi john.go and look at a 5 min chart of the dow.it is making a ascending triangle and we are now in the e wave up of wave 4 down.it will go up a another 100 point on the dow which can be another 200 to 300 point on the alsi.We will close a bit more than just the gap on the alsi.After this we should go down in wave 5.(time 11.57)The alternative is that we already comleted wave 4 in a abc and starting in wave 5 down now.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
That is the downfall of the Elliot theory - so difficult to figure out where one wave starts and another ends .....
I see gap is closed though.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Kaching. Just took profit. Would it be safe to enter a short or should I just take the money and be happy for today??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As always, a profit is a profit so walk away and go and clear your head. Scratch that itch elsewhere, maybe a MILF or two at Bingo? ;-)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Bingo is on Tues, thurs, saturdays. That initial cumulative was won at around R540K; last week it reached R50K and was won. This week won't be much so not many milfs will bother. I could go wash the car though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well if you sport a sexy little number and get all wet and wild washing the car you could attract a few MILFS ;-) Maybe go down to the local mall and do your thing ;-)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
If I sport a sexy lil number; I risk the milfs se pa's checking me out. Rather chill and see what happens when the dow opens.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well - its been an interesting day! On more places than the market and this forum.
0 Kudos