Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So you want to be a day trader?

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
So you want to be a day trader? Really? Why not rather be a lazy trader?

http://www.maudestreet.com/maude-street-online/jsedirect-96-sas-secret-economy-and-day-trading.html

my very lazy lazy system (weekly charts) has be long Midcap and Fini15 as of yesterday and Indi25 as of previous friday ..
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon , I have the greatest respect for your views becos , you have done all of this stuff before... And I learn from your past experiences , but I have to say that the 15 minute intraday trading can be made lazy...with tablets and smartphones getting smarter and faster, one does not have to sit in front of the PC the whole day...most afternoons I am trading while watching the kids play soccer or cricket...the best part about 15 minute intraday is closing positions at 5pm and starting afresh the next day....
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Oh dear, having just quit my job and committed substantial savings on alsi intraday 15 min trading , my new intraday trader futures career is described as "mostly a mugs game". Well that may be the case but it sure is a baptism of fire in terms of watching the market and developing some discretion whilst trying to find the best mechanical system which could lead to a lazier lifestyle.Am enjoying every 15 mins of it (sometimes 5mins)and will report back later on my progression through the stages of mug.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the hardest part is putting all the pieces together...once it all clicks, then it becomes lazy...and it matters not what time frame you on, the market moves in the same cycles in any time frame....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the hardest part is putting all the pieces together...once it all clicks, then it becomes lazy...and it matters not what time frame you on, the market moves in the same cycles in any time frame....
0 Kudos
Jessie
Contributor
Simon. Apart from increased laziness, are there other reasons to change from daily to weekly when trading your lazy system?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
me thinks that doesn't work because you're not able to be focused and focus is critical .. your son hits a six, you running around celebrating being all crazy like and boom .. you missed the entry ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not really .. I do pay a heck lot less in brokerage .. aside from wanting to be lazy really wanted to move away from gearing for the indi/fini/resi/midcap and best way was to extend the time frame so trades lasted longer hence gearing less important ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and that is true, so I have i come to terms with it because it works the other way as well...the entry could have been a loss and so eventually it all cancells out...Also, most times if you get a good entry in the morning , the rest of the day is free.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and that is true, so I have i come to terms with it because it works the other way as well...the entry could have been a loss and so eventually it all cancells out...Also, most times if you get a good entry in the morning , the rest of the day is free.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And - a new candidate for horse manure statement of the year
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
except for the ALSi futures which i trade intraday, I have removed gearing totally from my trading...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the market does not work on a strict 2 consecutive losses and then a win...if you trade the ALSI you will know that, the combination is endless and the opportunities boundless...and running around celebrating a six by your son is priceless, more so if you in profit and your stop is at breakeven or the stop is at profit
0 Kudos
Jessie
Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, ALSI my only gearing and I use the lazy system, but end of day .. makes for more wine time which I then foolishly waste with other work ..
0 Kudos
seded
Contributor
Help pls.Can the 3 average charts be created on OST platform ?Thanks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not at once, I do 30 and 60 then 15 seperately
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Are you referring to the RMBMIDCAP ETF ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, track the mid cap index trade RMBMID
0 Kudos