Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Solar and Wind Energy

Not applicable
I see people talking about generators, but Solar and Wind Energy is the place to be. Anyone want to invest a new company (that doesn't exist yet) that will sell Solar and Wind Energy? Or perhaps there is another company and us traders/speculators/share owners can buy into this company so that we can carry on sitting at home and making money? Perhaps if our own company we can call it Simon's Solar Energy and give the CEO's job to Simon :) I like the alliteration which is why I chose Simon's name. Hope you don't mind Simon. I have money to invest, but I don't really want to buy any shares at the moment. I also don't want to buy shares in companies that sell generators, and gold mines take way too long and are way too risky. So perhaps us people on SFM can find an alternative and invest our hard earned savings in such a company.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
One problem: No wind, no power! :) On a more serious note, the return on investment on windfarms are to slow.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Tried to get some quotes for solar from a few people for a place I have in a private game reserve that dont allow grid power. (before the current crises) Very expensive (about 50k) for basic type setup. Seems technology has some way to go (battery and panel wise).
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
The power of ocean currents to create energy. Our coastlines have some of the must powerfull currents and swells on a continous basis. Big underwater mills churning energy from the currents and swells.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Electronics and electricity and water doesnt go together. Wind and Solar is the answer.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Water does not conduct electricity - It is the impurities in water that does.
They use pure demineralised water in large electric generators for cooling
0 Kudos