Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sold some lazy ALSI

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
for 1,500 points/contract .. got a weekend away and figured some drinkin money would be good ..
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
going against the system a bit there aren't you?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
drinking money rules
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, I always scale out, if we get 2k quick then a third out at 2k .. another third at 4k .. if slow (time wise) then first third at 1500 second at 3000
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this been over three weeks = slow
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
i would recommend u dump all and go short...at just above 41500..
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
because if you still have 2 thirds...your profit can be wiped out very quickly in fact today still. Yesterday we got the expected 300 point short. Today it should be 400 points from these levels.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
300/400/whatever point swings don't bother me, I have a stop and run 1% risk rule .. so no sweat .. the only thing that bothers me .. hmmm, can't think of anything ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol,,,,,,,,,,,Chartist
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
not sure how you can practically implement a 1% risk rule on a 15-20 times leveraged instrument and still allow for 400 point swings but that's your business.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
Bentely you've moved from 41400 to 41500??
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
I saying expect a move from 41500 to 41100 soon...maybe even this afternoon. Thats the 400 points i refer to. Yesterday we moved from 41380 to below 41080 the 300 points i refer to.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mark, one can't - albeit my view is it not about gearing, it about points .. but anyways, 1% when my actual risk allows for 2% .. so any wild swing takes out the other 1% every so seldom, yip that skews the system - but then hence i scale out at profit which skews it back the other way .. bigger point is the title of the thread .. lazy .. It takes me a couple of minutes per day at most, that is what I aim for .. you can do hundreds of trades a day, I aim for maybe 25 trades a year ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Mark, are you an aggressive trader?
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
Swaar, is jy nog kort???
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
ja ...kort at the close yesterday above the 500 level as indicated (in another post here)...some profit locked in as always but lots of runners to see how far we can go.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well done , Mark, that's very aggressive trading, and balsy to short a climbing market....my system not giving a signal yet...from my position which I closed yesterday...
0 Kudos