Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Som much bearishness

sponono
Super Contributor
Gold hits all time high and so does GLD and Bloomberg is so bearish. Glad I bought some HAR. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-18/euro-weakens-asia-stocks-decline-on-debt-crisis-concerns-as...
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Mr_MTX
Occasional Contributor
Mate, are you holding onto Harmony for the medium or long term? Whats your target price in the medium term?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
short term. would be happy to exit at R105
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your HAR target would be 104, looking for a pull back to 100 maybe 98/97 region if that does comes and then load up again for 114. I am currently in GFI looking for 113/114 and then will look for a pull back to enter HAR. I favor HAR over GFI, I see HAR as a take over potential as well as future looks better so the price gap should close in the next few months. The gold chart is so bullish at the moment expecting 1,680s over the next month followed by a big pull back to 1550s then we take off to 2,000 into January...get ready folks, the gold rush is back this Summer!! :)
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
We have the *****piest gold companies to trade on the JSE. the TSX is where its at. That said I trade the 4 (well 3) gold stocks here and HAR is honestly my least fav. From a more fundamental point of view their cost of production is the highest of the "big 4" and they have some of the worst properties. ANG has the best mines out there. (but lots of outstanding warrants and such) GFI has lowest cost of prod as well as the best financial position. (least debt and "better" share dilution) What Im saying is I think these 2 are better to own and to trade. Please educate the ignorant here as to why you'd want to use HAR as your trading vehicle? - P
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
who's #4 of the big 4 ?? surely not DRD ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
sadly yes the dog is 4 but I dont touch him
0 Kudos