Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Some directions please Friends?

jdm
New Contributor
Do you think about BFS is a good buy at this stage? And what about FRT ? Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
janne
Frequent Contributor
Forget it, share is too illiquid -> barely R 2000 traded yesterday, 135k today, you are better off better to put your money on the roulette. IMO rather buy Sasol for now, the strong winter in Chine, US and EUR cause high demand for oil products...check the price increases for the last few days, BFS shall never give you those returns in a week!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I'm always amazed at the fascination investors have with the no hope penny stocks.FRT is under awarning from the JSE for not producing their financials,and could be suspended at any time.Stay away !!!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Both require additional capital injections to survive/turnaround which will cause further shareholder dilution. Avoid.
0 Kudos
jdm
New Contributor
Thanks for the info, agree with your valid comments.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Hi Simon I own a 275 000 BFS shares bought at 104 on average. I see no point in selling now. I have noticed that ABSA no longer denies the rumours involving their possible furhter involvement to increase their lower income client base compared to 24 hours prior to a flat denial. "no comment" means something. I also see BFS spokesman refuses to answer besides stating they are in negotiations with a number of parties. Please explain a rights issue in laymans terms. What will this mean for me. I think a rights issue is just around the corner. I also am a long term investor and 10 years plus is fine with me. Thanx for the help. Thank heavens I invested in AGL at 18500 so my loss isn't 100% on my portfolio.
0 Kudos