Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Some idiot,

Not applicable
Why does some idiot ,when i offer to buy hundreds at a price,sell me 1 share for instance R10, my costs R80 plus rands!Why doesnt he keep that share for 100 years so that he doesnt have to sell it at a R70 plus loss and spare me the irritation!(Talking about instalments)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
Kim, this is an old technique of trying to force you to buy at a higher price. The person selling has likely sold many shares that day and is trying to force buying interest into the shares on offer - mostly like his - at the higher price. Annoying, but it happens all the time. You can also buy in bits and pieces, so long as you do it all on one day, then the charges are as if you bought one chunk of shares.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And this applies in the reverse, when you're trying to sell a whack and some buyer buys 1 and then the rest of the bids are much less to try get you to drop your price.
0 Kudos