Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Some of my recent not so good trades

Maddog
Regular Contributor
ISA -15% BWI-10% SYS -13%and to add to my dismay i see RBX also taking a hammering today.....Time for a cheap whisky and a Russion Bride
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Brazen
Super Contributor
Poor dog. I have some cheap brides. They're a little long in the tooth, well they would be if they had teeth, but anyway, definately cheap.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
No teeth...mmmm....could be a worthwhile investment
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey maddog- U've been pretty quiet, I thought that storm in May washed U into the sea... Have U not yet decided to take early pension and live off yr investments?
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Luckily in May i was sitting with 40% of my portfolio cash and MTX up 180% so I managed to ride out the storm However WEA gave me a rough time and I had to cut my losses as it was my second time into this share.......As for living off trading I am still a novice but aim to do it when i retire at 50 so i still have 13 years of studing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel your pain... ISA -11.1% , WEZ -12.6% ... So no russians for me just good ol Palmela Handerson and her 5 friends for a while...
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Yep im now 19,3% down on isa if it drops one more cent i will be forced to sell
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought a few more at 55 to try balnce out the others i got at 64. at these levels I reckon its not too bad a buy to hold onto for a steady return. just need to keep in mind the divi we got paid which makes it look like a huge loss but in fact its not too bad.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
quick question, what was the div per share? 1.1c or 3.9c or 5c Just called Standard and they told me that only 1.1c was paid out. Am confused...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
div was 1.1c and Share Premium ws 3.9c = total of 5.0c.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
my account was credited only 1.1c per share (balance and annual div statement)525.8 monthly statement shows credit of 3.9c per share (not to account however)1864.20 should have recieved 2390 (at 5c per share) some sort of mistake by standard. Called call center, they promised to look into it. will give you feed back if they get back to me.???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't understand. I just checked - it is there. On 13 July a CAP.REDUC for the R1864.20 and immediately above the 1.1c div. They come in seperately as the cap. reduc. is not a dividend.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an the cap. redc will not appear on the dividend statement, as it's not a div. But does appear on your statement.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
okay, my bad. What confused me is the diff between my June statement and the div recieved. June statement gives a diff figure DPS=3c. Div for year shows 1.1c. Cash history shows div and cap distr. A bit confusing. Check my jun statement and see.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Simon, seems that OST was right. However i would like to send you the Jun statement that i got from the page to show that i was not talking cr^&. Pleae let me have you e-mail. By the way, i di appologise for any inconvenience caused.
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
I'm down on most stocks.... terrible two days!
0 Kudos