Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Something not right

Not applicable
Why would the CEO of Simmers, Gordon Miller be unloading 1 600 000 shares when he told Moneyweb that the market is not pricing it correctly? http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page1329?oid=139433&sn=Detail Is there any way of determining what percentage of his holdings he just sold?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Preston
Super Contributor
Yes there is. Take the market capitalisation monetary value and divide it by yesterday closing price (I think), that will give you the number of share in issue. Take the no of share sold divided by no of share in issue. I stand corrected but i believe that market capitalisation value is based on yesterday closing price..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
director holdings are only publish witht he results every six months, so go back to the last results and dig through the numbers to find out what he had.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon.So basically using the market capitalisation method is incorrect in determining the number of shares in issue? Just asking?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well you can, but that's the long route. On the site here we give you shares in issue. Also I thort Q was not about shares in issue - but how many the director owned?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
VERY roughly, based on history of his buy & sell record, he disposed of 26,5% by selling off 1,6m shares. Again: VERY rough calc and omo.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wow, but even if your rough calc is out by some 5%, it's 20% odd and that's a lot?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Maybe he's upset cos the market's not pricing his share correctly.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so he's going to buy drd in a sulk. that'll teach the market, neh .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Maybe he needed the cash for something.I offloaded a whole lot of my wez shares recently to buy a new lawnmower.
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
management says he need 10million to paid SARS, with regards to FIRST URANIUM. ( IMARA SP REID newsletter )or something like that, alls cool.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, so long as he's in trouble for cheatin on somebody else..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I hope it's at least one of those ones you can sit on.
0 Kudos