Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Something seriously wrong

Richard_1
Occasional Contributor
Ive been watching REMGRO on and off all day today on this online facility and for each share an intra-day graph is displayed. there is a TV in the lift foyer tuned to Summit TV also displaying the intra-day graphs. To my shock, the Summit channel shows a completely different graph profile to that on this service. So which one is correct and why are they not the same. I suspect that maybe Summit is displaying yesterdays data or heaven knows what but its definately not the same. Anyone else care to check. Richard
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
over what time period was summit displaying?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I stand corrected but it could be the "Bid" graph. I have also notice the difference. CNBC - show the closing bid price Summit TV - Data on scolling line show current trade value and graph show "bid" pattern Once again i stand corrected?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I stand corrected but it could be the "Bid" graph. I have also notice the difference. CNBC - show the closing bid price Summit TV - Data on scolling line show current trade value and graph show "bid" pattern Once again i stand corrected?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Richard_1
Occasional Contributor
It covers the full day from 9am and progresses through the day up to the current time. ie at 3pm the graph range is 9am to 3pm, the range increases as the day progresses. R
0 Kudos
Richard_1
Occasional Contributor
If it is the BID price, there is absolutely nothing to indicate this. With the current (delayed) price scrolling across the bottom, the immediate assumption is that the graph is of the same info.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
No not necessarily. I also confused at first until i saw CNBC africa closing market review at 5PM. Try switching between channel at this stage. You will notice the difference!
0 Kudos