Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sorry, this is not on the topic of investing. but for those in CPT...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
look out for the USS Theodore Roosevelt that is coming sometime in the next few days, i think on the weekend, i contacted an officer onboard and once can go aboard the USS Monterey if one likes, its a guided missile cruiser, but the aircraft carriers is out of bounds and will be anchored in the bay... Basic stats: this carrier has naval personnel that is approx. 50% of our entire navy, and 90 aircraft, which is so much like our entire airforce... will be quite a sight!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
louisg
Super Contributor
Thanx Werner, am looking forward to seeing the carrier.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I actually sent them an email to ask if one cannot go onboard, but got a "unfortunately the USS TR is not open for visits" as a reply. So i will have to just look at it from a distance across the bay and visit the USS Monterey in the harbour. These military (US) things interest me quite a bit! they are just amazing!
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Hi Werner. Yes the US are good at big things, also at blowing up big things, of which the Rooseveld is an impressive example. Looks like they are also good at blowing up banks lately. I don't envy those retired generals who saw one third of their pension disappear in the last few weeks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I sure wish i was in Cape Town - that would be a most interesting day visit
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
guys, i will see if i can get some photos of the big one... PAM, yes, they good at blowing things up, i just hope they will stop with the financial blow-up. lol... I was on the USS McInnerney many years ago, we knew an officer that gave us a VIP tour, very interesting. still have the cap and squadron badges etc...
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
And we thought the blowing up an ATM was bad! Anything we can do, the Yanks can do better.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. thats true... and i have the idea that George likes to blow things up. that doesn't help the issue.
0 Kudos