Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

South African history in gold?

Not applicable
maybe the heading is a little misleading. what i basically want to ask if anybody wants to own a piece of South African history in Gold dating back to the 1880's
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
sasa
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its basically something passed through the family, a half pond dated 1892
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and i thought this would get someones attention
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Im sure its an awesome piece of gold. Im prob one of the more bullish gold people here and I buy coins. The prob is with a kruger rand you know exactly what the metal is worth. Scoin are selling Mandela 1 ounce coins for 45k when the gold is only worth 9.2k so you see the problem. Let me ask you this. What is the total gold content. What is the year and type of coin. I generally as a rule dont collect exotics cause they are hard to price. If you dont wanna post that info here mail me [email protected] - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's a 1892 Half Pond Half pond or half pound: Diameter: 19 millimeters Weight: 3.994 grams Composition: .916 gold, .084 copper Edge: Reeded Net Weight: .1176 ounce pure gold
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
whats your asking price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm open for a decent offer
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Im going to want to ask about condition. I have no idea how to value it so if you could email me pics of it I will chat to the coin dealer who usually provides me my kruger rands. [email protected]
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
also, single or double shaft?
0 Kudos