Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Southern Ocean SOH)

ROWEGI
Occasional Contributor
I have been holding these for a while and thought there might be a run considering the low PE. I haven't seen any negatives posted on this share so considering the current PE multiples on thr market this one seems relatively cheap. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Vince888
Regular Contributor
I Like this company. Currently on my watchlist. Agree that they are relatively cheap, but they have a lot of debt.
0 Kudos
ROWEGI
Occasional Contributor
They have an NAV of R3.50 which implies they should have the ability to cover the debt if things go wrong so to my mind the high debt is less of a risk. I see there is some competition enquiry related to a division and they say that there is some risk on profits in the second part of the year due to the strikes but there has been some director buying activity albeit small. They just need to stabilize and they should give a reasonable medium return.
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
If you look at the Forward looking statement that was made with their last results, I seem to remember the company having a slightly negative outlook towards the current set of results to be released
0 Kudos