Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Spec.

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Some certainty re debt. 1,5X earnings. <20% of NAV. 1,5X cash gen. The bottom must be in...
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
topgun
Super Contributor
Yip, tangible nav now down to 210cps. Unfortunately the breached debt covenants required some urgent cash inflow which forced the disposal of more coal assets at a rather hefty discount, but the improved headline earnings number might well signify that this could be the bottom. The pricing metrics certainly warrant a punt and there seems to be a rather generous seller/s....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think that generous seller is RE:CM. They really took a hammering on this one.omo
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
HMMMM...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
did they not report a loss though? Even though there was a headline earnings...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think I jinxed it....
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Looking more positive than I thought. A speculative punt with a 5 year view might be in order. Any recovery in contract mining and exploration is going to be good for SNU.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Legislation aimed at curtailing lending and abolishing garnishees will increase real effective wages (ie. wages actually received) while lowering nominal wages going forward. This might ignite SNU.
0 Kudos