Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Special Div

Not applicable
If I sell TKG now, will i still receive the special Div?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, LDT for 1900c is this friday ..
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
Just remember that Telkom should fall by another R19 after the divi day. If you're in it for the long run, that should not be an issue. Just something to think about. I think in the coming months Telkom will recover its share price from R30 (after divi payout). Well I hope.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
last day to trade is this friday. Does this mean that if I sell on Friday, I still get the dividend? Or do I have to hold until paydate?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hold at 5pm close on friday to get div ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I thought only the normal dividend will affect the telkom share price, but not the special dividend. Am I right?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, it will effect the price as it is cash out .. all that s[pecial means is that it is not a normal business dividend but due to a special event, in this case they money they got for VOD ..
0 Kudos
Jos
New Contributor
Why is there a record date and what does it mean?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the date recorded from the register .. ignore it .. the only 2 dates worth noting is LDT and pay ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon - What effects will the special div on TKG have on the SSF price? What happens if I short it on Friday hoping it will drop Monday by at least R10 or more? Will I pay the R19 special dividend because I'm short???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
diveidends are removced from the SSF process .. so assuming TKG falls exactly 1900c on Monday, then not effect on SSF's ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Telkom is also due to report on their financials in June. Will there be a dividend payout or do you guys think they will retain the cash?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So if you're short on TKG, and it drops exactly R19 on Monday, will you take profit? Question might seem silly, but I need to know for sure.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if TKG drops exactly 1900c on MOnday then the SSF price will not change ..
0 Kudos