Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Spectacular results

f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Spectacular results due at 5pm today!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
What effect are you expecting this to have on the share?
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
sounds like u either work for them or u bought way above the current share price :-)
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
well i am thinking that the IT/Telecoms sector is undervalued at the moment. Take a look at this link and check out the financial shape of some of the share in the same sector as VOX then decide for yourself. http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page49?oid=204524&sn=Detail#main_table
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
rumour going around that the company is going into voluntary liquidation. Spectular rumour..huh. Thank you Simon for that inside information. I got out extremely quickly
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we know they will be good because they told us so it is already int he price.

headline earnings per share are expected to be between 100% to 120% higher than that achieved respectively in the prior year
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
I'm waiting for the results more to see what information on their operations they have to give us. We have not heard much from them of late.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Liquidation paper is currently being finalised as we speak. Thank Simon Brown for that inside information
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Liquidation? What rubbish! Between the directors and Sexwale they bought nearly R1bn of shares over the last 4 months, and at no discount. Hmmmm...we'll see.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Priced and the next 100% increase is priced in at current levels PE still around 22.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shaun - by my simplistic calcs, if the current PE on current prices is 26 then 100% increase in profit gives a fwd PE of about 13 which is a dramatic improvement - or am I missing something?
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Earnings per share is 4.7. IF they get 10 c for the full year, it will be a 20 PE at 200c a share. In today's market, 20 is MASSIVE. Do your calculations to see what they have to produce full year to get a 13 PE. I don't think Storm will give them the jump they need. Also, if they want to declare a dividend, 1c dividend will cost them 10 million. And their profit for the 6 months is only 43 million. I think the market has been demanding a dividend from VOX - one of the reasons why the volumes have fallen off the last few months.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
And down she goes, below 200c. Who knows where it will settle. Probably best to short this one. !!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
looks like someone.somewhere have got hold of those liquidation paper...currently in transit.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I hope you not buying shares yet, back to 101.
0 Kudos