Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Spescom (SPS)

Jerry_1
Not applicable
Have been holding SPS shares for quite awhile, and am finally making a profit...but am not too sure what has been driving Spescom shares up, and whether I should continue holding them. Obviously things are looking better after the first half of the year, and there seems to be happening in their particular field, with a few options in the pipeline for them. Any ideas out there?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
topgun
Super Contributor
sit tight - price appreciation in a weak market is a good sign - after several years of disappointing performance, prospects are looking up in the telecoms area with deregulation, call centre growth, convergence technology etc. lots of scope for operational gearing and margin improvement. friday's volume a further indicator of expected outperformance...
0 Kudos
trykid
Contributor
SPS is also one of the shares recommended by RHPS for Aug, could be one of the reasons for the uprise. Remember when Quyn was recom for Jul its share price went up with 80% plus, is down to about 3% plus at the moment
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This used to be a an R 18 share.....my partner has been a director since Tony Farrah founded the company....Farrah has been buying up shares slowly but surely.......I suggested a buy on this when we are the 130 based on some improved fundemantals...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Fundamentals?Is that really you,Chartist?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes just typing that felt quite incongruous...its just because I have had a close relationship with the company over the past 12 years...we have worked on several projects together esp during the time they were the world leaders in electricity prepayment technology...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
We'll forgive you just this once,Chartist!
0 Kudos