Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Squeeze

HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Hennie, Whats your squeeze indicator showing for MTN? Has been trading in the 116-123 range for most of June. At first glance looked like a descending triangle to me. Also, does anyone have any idea what the deadline is for the talks with Bharti? tx.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Talks are supposed to be wrapped up end July 09. But a lot of talk in the press re the financial funding and banks running to get a piece of the action
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Daily WoW, Hiso have a look at the fib as well LOW 14 May and high 25 May and the squeeze between the 50 and 61 % retrace. I have no clue to which way ... Daily STO on the up but weekly on the down .... even The fibs from 6 May 08 HIGH and the low 27 OCT 08 ( longer term is between the 51 and 61 % retrace ..... Very nice chart :-)))).... What do you think ??
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Volume has also been dropping off and Twigg's Money Flow also hovering around the neutral range so no indications there. I think there's gonna be a good move, not sure which direction though. I'm thinking below 115 is short and above 124 is long.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thinking that same thing ... wait and see what she does
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Agree wait for the breakout.A descending triangle is normally a bearish pattern so downside breakout should be more likely.
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Just saw a TA thingy done by IdealCFD's on MTN. They expecting the breakout from the descending triangle to be upward with a target in the 135 region.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Time will tell but histogram is neg looks like a short below 116. But who knows it will be obvious when it happens.
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Russ, a break out from a triangle is normally in the direction of the preceding trend - the question is what was the trend before the triangle?? Is the 25/05 to 5/06 downside move part of the traingle or a downward trend?? If it is a trend then we are looking at a movement to the downside - if part of the triangle then might see a move on the upside - any thoughts on this???
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
According to volumes the "downward trend" I mentioned in my previous post is running out of steam anyway - I think everyone is just waiting for the outcome of the talks..
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
Uncle Rofey made a good deduction yesterday on Summit where he did state this is a traders buy and not a long term investment ur view
0 Kudos