Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Staggering how much people are prepared to pay for this share

Not applicable
Not that I am complaining, mind you - I am a share holder. But at these prices, I am seriously tempted to offload. I mean, a PE of 26? That is a lot of growth factored in!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
today's HEPS increase takes that PE below 20ish
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Reminds me a bit of Apple shares.Just one line upwards for so long,who had the guts to short when Steve jobs was around.If you shorted day he died you would have done well.So what I am saying is that CML are good (we know that)but they cannot continue to grow AUM at the rate we have seen in the last 5 years and can they keep their feet on the ground.When and if markets turn ,I believe the share price could come off but I am not willing to try predict when and if
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
haha nobody particular (maybe the bull market)...if want to get technical using my analogy but my point is rather their share performance reminds me of apple where they just could do no wrong
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Surfer is right. The fact is that no- one 's star continues to rise uninteruptedly - like theirs - and I expect to see their earnings moderate over the year ahead. So if the price is right one can pay the price at the time. either way : get on the bus when it stops if the price is right - or sell when it is overpriced.
0 Kudos