Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard Bank

platsak
Super Contributor
See the share has made new yearly lows this morning. Where is the next support level on Standard Bank?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
richardw
Super Contributor
Nedbank too.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And Investec.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
the low can only be confirmed at the close of day, so if it closes higher then a new low is not confirmed.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Did the Chinese not pay more than R120 a share? Why is this share tanking so much? Is SBK one of the four Big banks in trouble?
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Strong support at zero.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ag... Won't someone pleeeze buy or talk this one up a bit (just to about R67) so that I can get into a short position again. I closed it off wayyy too early, fearing a bounce! Hate it hate it HATE IT!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The "talking head" on Summit last night recommended shorting SBK.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an that must be a buy signal ??
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Simon. Youre problably right. They have been punting sbk from the 80 s level for a long. All in the sentiment of the results coming up. Now that they are hammering it for a short it will problably make a run. Those talking heads are now consistently getting it wrong. Werner what about doing a webpage to track the share punts on summit and their success ratios. Who will fare the worst amongst them in the opinion of the forum?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
I think it is a bit unfair towards the talking heads. They are forced to call a "pick of the day". It should be seen just for what it is - a stock pick on perceived fundamental values and not a short term trade. How boring it would be if they called "Cash" day in day out for months on end. Anyone want to be in their shoes ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh TOPIX please these guys are on there for one reason and one reason only...to promote the companies they work for...in some cases they even pay to be there through cosy sponsorship deals...no one forces them...if the have don't have anything to say they can decline....
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Topix. I surely dont want to be in their position. Thing is in my opinion they are getting it consistantly wrong. Theres a lot of people acting on this advice. Maybe they should know the persons succes rate before they act on the advice or at least put in a rider before and after the show. I wont use a surgeon if I know that his fatality rate is worse than the average. Same rule applies here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and not just a little wrong....like 50 -100% wrong...Mike Hansen Investec at 68 ..."it can definitely not go lower"....Shapiro...construction shares and platinum he was buying them all the way down...virtually all punting the banks...
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I agree wholeheartedly, you can't keep getting it wrong? Or then you might as well invite me to go sit there. They should put them to task at the next interview on there previous slection.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes thats pretty much Roffeys strategy...just stick to you guns and you will be right some day ...if that takes too long you just diddle the figures...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
paul hansen ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes thats him director of Stanlib...I think he also said that it was the biggest bargain around...
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Ag Shame man. Poor Oom Paul. I guess if you've been in the game for a hundred and thirty years you have to get it spectacularly wrong once or twice... or more. I've kept a copy of the SBK JSE outlook presentation which the good man gave at the beginning of last year. The slide for commodities had one word on it. "Stunning". I'm glad I don't have to make these predictions. I'm also glad I didn't pawn the kids for some Anglos. I suppose common sense should always prevail.
0 Kudos