Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard Bank

Mol
Frequent Contributor
Did you see from 1/1/11 St.Bank charge fees on cheques deposits. What a rip off!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
yep, and 2 years ago they wanted to charge me fees on depositing into my access bond - why this bank still has customers, I have no idea. You really cannot pass up on FNB's offers right now, if you want to stay with the big 4, otherwise Capitec is the way to go.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Banks want to force clients to stop using cheques forcing them to become totally dependant on elctronic transfer. Then when you have no other choice other than dealing in cash theyll rip you off with mssive elctronic transfer fees. Regulation is needed here ....
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Just for the interest,I threaten to close my account and they reversed the fees. More people should.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
SBSA ansd ABSA are the major stakeholders in the cheque clearing bureau. Bureau increases fees for clearing and then the banks start charging for cheque deposits. Its a duopoly that the competion authorities need to look into ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes Im with ABSA, and walked into Capitec the same morning , if they had home loans, I would leave my bank in a hurry .
0 Kudos