Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard Bank

Shaun_B
New Contributor
Please adviseÂ….I am LONG SBK ave price R117 should I run? or will it tick up ?
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nobody knows .. bigger question is. what was our exit strategy when you entered the position ?? stick to that plan
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Around R120. (my guess)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Possibly trade the R117 to R120 range. When i think abt SBK, i think R120.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, can try this, take one third your holding as profit now, bring stop to breakeven, take another third at 120, bring stop into profit and let the last one third run....if it goes down from here, then maybe run if you don't like stops that give some back to the market...
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Think it will test the R112 level and bounce back up...or go to R105
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you are asking this question on the forum - then it means you have already lost your money - because it means you don't have a plan - and a trader (and investor) without a plan is a broke trader (and investor)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ooh, so sorry, thought you were in profit already...most longs(trading) would have been stopped out by now...
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Am not so sure the question implies having lost ones money, or for that matter, not having a plan. There might be a plan, but the question is just checking for input...who knows. I certainly know there are lots of people on the forum with serious trading intellectual capital I would love to tap, whether I have or am sticking to my plan or not. Maybe its about confidence....hum ho
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
If you are still in the trade. Hang in there. Trend still up, 61.8 fib retrace, rsi mega o/sold. Possible slow recovery from here.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Respect to Skaap, but i got to agree with Blik.
0 Kudos
Shaun_B
New Contributor
Thanks for all the repliesÂ….much appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Standard Bank is a strong company. CEO's does not watch the share price. Over time, it will prove to be an excellent investment decision.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
respect to all of you - but bollocks. If you have to rely on other people's opinions regarding a share price direction as a factor for deciding to be in or out of a share, then you will lose money everytime. I for one think Standard bank is a sell - and its price will still go lower. Now who's advice are you going to act on - since the advice is contradictory. Maybe I am being a bit argumentative here - but if 2 or 3 more people supported my bearish view? then what. Without a plan, you WILL lose money on the stock market - pure and simple
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Are you losing money?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
At the risk of this degenerating into a philosophical (heaven forbid) sort of debate, if you cannot ask the forum for their opinion on whether one is right or wrong, long or short, then surely this takes away a huge amount of the forum's value - the value obviously tempered with caution and research. For example, it would appear that most forumites here accord you, Skaap, with a high degree of respect and credibility, and I think most of your posts testify to that. I would certainly value your opinion on any share. but it doesnt mean I will follow your advice. Just by asking the question might not mean there is not plan...it might be post-fact sort of validation. Or then again, just by posting on a forum, might be a form of narcissism....
0 Kudos
Shaun_B
New Contributor
Hi All. I in fact do have a plan and a stop loss for that matter. I am merely asking what seem to be a very informed forum for their views, I would assume that most shares on the JSE would have some contradicting views. Thanks for the comments!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I agree with skapp, the value of the forum is not tips, there are totally worthless and asking what to do is equally worthless
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
WHL --> R52 laughable Simon. I actually taped that episode of "the week that was".
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
maybe maybe not .. either way I have a strat an I just respond ..
0 Kudos