Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard Bank

Rams
Super Contributor
Hey, simons buy is R40 "SimonPB on 04 Feb 09:40 I would like 40 very much .. ".... anyway remember the cheap blankets. And what with all this emotion about WHL..it just a share, to bought and sold or just ignored...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
It is the logic behind the statement that concerns me.I have the utmost respect for Simon Brown, but when one shoot from the hip, my personality tend to discredit any opinion offered by that person.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so much emotion.well then(oooh, i am getting into something really bad here), emotions aside, tell us why you think WHL is going up and not coming down...and dont do a Naspers massacre job please...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston, what lack of logic ?? the 52 for whl I seriously think we can see with solid logic behind it .. no I not waiting for 52, will start buying more 56-58 at 52 boots an all .. 40 was somebody offering whl at 40 which of course I would jump at (apparently uou wouldn't) ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
time frame? and why? (let leave out interest rate increase and the present value calculation).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so preston, in other words you shoot first then ask question .. aka insult then try an understand .. ho hum
with earnings 10% higher take average 7 year PE average, one std dev below = 52 .. stocks always at time return to the 1 std dev below 7 year pe average .. maybe not this time, but maybe it will ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Need to get back to you. Trying to understand the correlation of the standard deviation (risk) and the PE ratio.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't view std dev as risk, rather as low average or high average PE
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Nah, just busy with work related stuff.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@Blik - I am happy to share an opinion on a share, and even an opinion on the valuation of the share price. I am equally comfortable to ask for an opinion from others on the site - that is definitely what the forum is all about. But the question was not a
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well. all i can say is the stop should have trigerred during the sellof...
0 Kudos