Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard, Standard, Standard

Not applicable
Everyone I know is punting this share as the share!!! Is it because of its international links and the fundamentals of the company? Is it the Share to own or are the others out there with just as much if not more potential? If so any suggestions?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
AJT
Super Contributor
SBK is trading at a 10% premium to the other banks, but that is because it is generally regared as the best run bank in SA. I like their strategy of providing funding for commodity based companies and their international links (especially China). Investec may be worth a punt, but it carries greater risk. (Disclaimer: i do own SBK shares)
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Good one to buy, buy, buy
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Potential triple top forming. Sell divergence on RSI and MACD. I would wait for a break before buying. I expect it to break down.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
I am hoping you are correct, looking to add to my position during weakness...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I have buying target at 74 ish. Scared of shorting as it can problably have a upbreak from curent levels. IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if it does not break the R74 we could be looking at a big rise.. IMO
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
1st support is at 78, if she breaks that 74. on the 200d MA. slight correction and then a resurgence to 90 IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good bank and management but remember that international operations are predominantly Investment Banking. Nigeria is a long term Retail Banking story and Russia and other markets are investment banking. So you have to ask yourself the question....in the short-medium term where to the banking risk reside??? SA operations pretty much like the other banks with the biggest Credit Card book and second biggest home loan book. They have been talking a positive story.."flat to positive earnings for 2009" .. but wait for 28th FEB AGM..they will be releasing a trading update. Current trading at a premium on P/BV to other banks so priced almost for perfection...any disappointment could see the price hammered.OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What will the effect be on the share price after the announcement of the $825 milj.loan spread over 20 years for developing powerstation in Botswana.
0 Kudos