Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard bank and China transcation

Preston
Super Contributor
Reading abt the recent execution of a South African lady in China, has really got me thinking about % sale of SBK holding to the Chinese. The question that needs to be answered is, What benefits did SA and especially SBK reaps from that transcations and where has that benefit flowed through in the financial statement of SBK?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
buyme
Contributor
they took the profits from the transaction and bought a majority holding in Liberty.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
What was the impact of Liberty profit on SBK results?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The main benefit, if I recall, is that it gives Standard Bank the balance sheet boost to go on an acquisition trail. The fact that the acquistions themselves are not working out so lekker is a different matter. But from a CApital Adequacy Ratio point of view, I think, if I recall, that there is a big pool of funds that STB can draw from if needed.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an share holders sold some SBK's to ICBC at R121 .. not to shabby neh ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I still feel that at R121, it was still cheap. Over a period of time ICBC will be the ultimate winner.
0 Kudos