Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Starting to slide ?

eddy66
Super Contributor
focus on the price and ignore everything else .. data, chat forums, results etc - they all just noise .. only watch the price, have entry and exit levels set and wait for them to be hit (or not) ..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
OMG it's Simon the II :)
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
LOL! That's his quote.Hope you don't mind that I'm forwarding your advise Simon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks :) So entry and exit strategies will be based on your strategy and the analysis of the chart?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, and nothing else matters ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The market is supposed to be forward thinking - it doesn't care about the current bad news, because it already anticipated it. What the market cares about is the future, and according to the market, the future is looking brighter. If you want to short, you need to do it when that future perception gets shattered. And since, as a lowly trader, you won't have access to that information until the big boys have chewed on it, regurgitated it, and fed it through the editors to decide what it is they want you to know, it is best that you just wait & react to the price (i.e. the prevailing trend) accordingly. Unless you are a value investor, in which case you shouldn't care a hoot about current price movements, because you are backing the long term financial viability & growth potential of your stock
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the future is still bleak, unemployment in U.S is said to be at over 10% by next year
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the info, guys. I understand the concept around value investing and fundamental analysis. Currently, I am try to wrap my head around the TA and trading aspect of markets. It interesting to understand both sides of the coin.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Bottom line - Fortunately I did'nt go short. Question now is how long this bullishness will sustain before a pull back. Also interesting is the post and debate regarding BIL and AGL's moves.
0 Kudos