Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

State Owned Pharmaceuticals company

Mr_S
Super Contributor
If this new state owned company actually becomes successful by miracle, this would adversely affect litha's future potential government contracts, especially since this new company will be looking at ARV's, which to my understanding is Litha's playing ground....also i meant to attend the AGM just to enquire if Litha is planning any major investment outside SA, because SA itself doesnt look like it has the best growth environment going forward...omo
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
Pretty interesting. Just read through Blackstar's presentation (new Altx listing shortly) - they have some exposure to Litha. Don't have much faith in government's ability to run the proposed state entity profitably but it still poses a threat as you indicated.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Wahahahahahahaaaa. Oh thats a good one. A succesful state owned enterprise. Please show me an example of one. Have you been to home affairs or vehicle licensing recently? Not fun is it. What makes you think that the state is better at running a company than the private sector. There are concerns however. And someone else put it better than I can http://www.humanaction.co.za/2011/07/anc-to-compete-with-ad*****-ingram-and-aspen/
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't think ARV's is there thing .. Keith M will tell you the future for them is BioTech and vaccines ..
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I agree lol but you cannot just ignore the impact such a move might have on Litha in terms of lucrative contracts...i will enquire to see what litha has to say about it...
0 Kudos