Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stefanuti - Good buy ?

kwagga
Super Contributor
Trying to find a reason not to buy this, but it's ticking all the right boxes. CEO bought in Dec, Sim increased their shareholding in today's sens. Trading at a reasonable PE, double bottom on the charts, good looking order book. Good cash, little debt. This is really looking good for the longer term.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I have been buying at these levels as I see more upside than down, but as a minimum 3 year hold. Same reason for buying PPC, just got to trust my grey matter and not listen to the "expert's" noise. Only time will tell.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think the fine that payable over three years have been more than discounted into this price. I'm swapping my fully priced Attacq shares for this construction company as I see more value here over the next 12 months.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Personally, I don't like what is going on at PPC. I just don't trust their board. They seem to be there for all the wrong reasons. Making and selling cement is not rocket science. They should get this right. In this instance I'd rather look at alternatives.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
The bigger the risk, bigger the gain. PPC has lost R4,800mil in value since the CEO's resignation and the boardroom antics, I admit the results weren't the greatest, I still feel the move down has been overdone. I bought CFDs prior to it going ex-div and the dividend alone will cover my interest and costs for 90days at the current price,so will hold for a while.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You could do worse than PPC. The share has just moved sideways in the last 5-6 years, and this little board spat could help you recognize some profit, but longer term this is about as exciting as watching paint dry. By the way, you might find this interesting: "Bill Gates pointed out that China has used 6.6 gigatons of cement in the last three years compared to 4.5 gigatons the USA has used in 100 years"
0 Kudos
David99755
Contributor
WBHO vs this for a long term play?
0 Kudos
David99755
Contributor
WBHO vs this for a long term play?
0 Kudos