Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Steinhoff into the top 40

Not applicable
Discovery out, Steinhoff in. Personally, I am super impressed with Steinhoff's results, since 2 years ago everyone was super concerned about their European strategy, given that they had no experience in that kind of retail distribution field. Now their EU operations account for 37% of turnover, wow. Earnings are down, but under the circumstances, so what. Steinhoff experiencing a bit of a sell off lately, I think this is looking very promising
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
platsak
Super Contributor
In the opnion of the forum. When will be the best time to invest in companies exposed to discretionary spending as steinhof?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pardon my ignorance, discretionary spending?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Talking head term for companies selling items that consumers can postpone until their finances are in better shape for example funiture. Non discretionary spending is items that the consumer does not really have a choice in buying like basic foodstuffs. As I am clearly not the expert maybe we can ask our resident talking head to elaborate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also like Steinhoff but for some reason it has always traded close to its NAV and with low PE. What is reason for that? I read a article last year where they ask the above questions and concluded that market might not believe in management abilities but surely they have proven the market wrong with their results in a tough economic enviroment?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe things will change now they are in the top40, and index funds will be mandated to buy them. Huge volumes today, so lets see.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Soon you will be able to purchase their furniture from the O.K. outlets, in R.S.A. Probable cause of the high volumes. imo
0 Kudos