Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picker 2009 News

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am very happy to announce that there will be one MAJOR difference this year on the stock picker challenge! Simon and I have been in discussion and Online Share Trading will be sponsoring prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places on the challenge this year. There will be a total of R5,000 on prizes which will be in the form of pens, 1st place will receive a Montblanc, 2nd and 3rd will also get pens but of incrementally less value. We hope this adds excitement to the challenge and hope every contestant best of luck for the year ahead!
0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
stores
Super Contributor
Well done Werner and thanks to OST. Good luck everyone.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I bet simon owns Richmont
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well only the bits the ruperts don't own ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
That be 2 mont blanc pens and a box of styversant
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nice 1. Since you are going to have regular traffic through your site of investers with cash why not approach Subaru and see if they will sponser a Forester for 1st place... or am I getting ahead of myself?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
trailblazer, if you help with organising that prize, we will be glad to advertise.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sorry, got your name wrong... Tribalzone
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Howzit Werner the prizes are great but how do you stop people from submitting more than 1 entry?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Shaun, thats an issue with the current system, but you will notice there is a comment at the top, each contestant will have to email their contact details and telephone number to us, if this is not sent, they will not qualify for the prize, so we will notice on this who is submitting double entries. If we find that out, they will be disqualified immediately.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Ok cool - i have entered but i am still on holiday only back on Monday. Ready to hit 2009 hard its going to be a good one bru.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
cool. sounds good i have the same view! i see the entry "Shaun" is that you? can i add your details to the database?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
shorting is unfortunately not allowed this year, it creates too much of an admin hassle as the system is only designed for long shares only ranking. sorry, maybe next time if we plan it, or we can create some other challenge a bit later.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Shaun, i guess your entry is "Shaun" i updated your details so you don't need to email them to me. cheers.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Geez mate we in a bear market! and I want the pen
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
how does one join for this challenge?thx
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Cool thanks, this year IMU will def win me that pen lol.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I see a lot of the people are choosing shares that will run in the first half of the year...they forget what will happen in the second half :)
0 Kudos