Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picker 2009 News

Not applicable
werner why are there already % on the website thought it starts tomorrow night and the winner has 121'000 % growth wow
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
mommentum, you looked in the wrong moment, i just updated the prices on the site to get the starting prices of today's close as the competition starting prices, i made a bit of a mistake as i needed to update both starting and latest price and had a bit of an issue, this resulted in those huge differences, you will see it is back to 0% on all shares today, tomorrow at 17:00 or just after it will indicate the first day's move. I will have to run some tests tomorrow as well to confirm that its 100% stable and acurate, but i am sure it will be all in order.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
again thank you for your effort, i saw it is all at 0 %
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
cool. i really hope we have a fun time with this challenge, i really enjoy doing this! good luck to all and remember to check back tomorrow evening for the first day's move!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol... which site are you referring to, if it was recently, it could be that i have been updating something on the site and it was not working 100%. I hope this issue will not persist, if it does, please let me know as i want to get it to work!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
A pen? A PEN???? Geez.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Geez, in a good or bad way? I really like the little Montblanc Mozart, the one i have came in a very special box with a collection of Mozart's best work, this also adds to the prize... if this one is chosen... lol
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
'Tis mighter than the sword....unless you forget to hit the space bar between pen and is, and then you'll be done for LOL
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'll enter if I can win a date with SimonPB. And get to choose his tie.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
brazen, sure you can choose th etie. heck you can even buy the tie. One rule, it must be ugly, the uglier the better. An as I recall your pockets fulled with pens last time ? an they was cheapies ?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Hell B, while we must accept that pSimon is into tying, I didn't know you were. Has the Bisto boy had you in some gravystained cuffs on the sand over there, or tother way round?
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
Hi Werner Can we still enter the competision ?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
it is past the deadline, but maybe we can make an exception, what would your picks be? we would have to use the starting price of the 15th though, and if you select shares that really moved well today people might suggest you rigging the picks, but if the shares had a negative day, i think it would not cause concerns?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think this would be the last day in any case, we cannot allow this to happen tomorrow and in the future though.
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
HI Werner, can I still enrol for the competision?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i replied above, please email your selection to me with your required nickname - [email protected]
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
Hi Werner I realized that you started yesterday with the competition, but is there no way that I could still enter ?
0 Kudos
Sugar_Snap
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I asked Simon what he thinks about late entries, will let you know the decision shortly...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, its all cool with Simon, i think if there is one or two guys that was away and would like to join, its possible, but i will check to dis-allow anyone who selects shares that moved strongly since our starting day, as this would give them the advantage of hindsight. anyone against this idea, it would only be like this for this for 2 or 3 days, after that its closed...
0 Kudos