Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picker 2009 - Update

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Guys, thanks for the support from OST i am proud to announce that the winner of the 2009 stock picker challenge - Dazza - will get his prize shortly! It is a very beautiful Mont Blanc Meisterstuck pen (Platinum)... He's been informed and i am very happy to be able to send this prize to him within the next few days!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
stores
Super Contributor
Congratulations to the winner and thanks for all your inputs and hard work Werner. Also thanks to Simon and Std Bank for the sponsorship.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I will publish some photos of the awesome pen once it is delivered to the winner so that all of the contestants can see how this beautiful pen looks like.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you Werner and congratulations to the winner.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Thanks Werner it was fun are we going to do it again?????Im not worried about prizes but its nice to have some friendly compo and see how I do against others
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Thanks Werner for the effort. Sucks being the first loser though.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Blik, yes that does suck, maybe next time... I really enjoyed the challenge as well. I would like to figure out some method to make a more generic platform that doesnt take so much effort to keep updated - e.g. automatically updating prices would help alot, then a platform where we can create challenges, set how many shares and expiry dates. Maybe we can work on something like that. I just need to find the data providers, so far i didnt have any luck, they wanted to charge me so much money that it wouldnt make any sense. I guess if we can organise something with the data we could create a very interesting platform... I dont know if any of you have more details on how one could get data, end of day is perfect, end of week would also do, that can be programatically sucked into a website's database that doesnt cost lots or can be arranged as a sponsor? One could create advertising for such type of entities and open the site to anyone who wants to create a challenge.
0 Kudos