Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picker Challenge website

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am playing around with a new design that is supposed to store the shareprices in a database and if all goes well i might be able to get at 15 minute delayed feed and have the site automatically up-to-date, which will allow us to see the rankings daily... please see http://www.orbiterinvestments.com/StockPicker/Default2.aspx for the draft layout. I have some other ideas, including a 'paper trading platform' if i can get the share prices working, would any of you be interested in this? the idea would be to use it for a strategy test run and digital notebook on transactions (virtual)...
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
that would be fantastic keep it up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice one venster, I would've entered if I'd known you lot would've actually kept the submission.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And if there was a prize, and if I knew anything about equity, and if my mom wasn't so mean, and if...
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Based on the numbers on the site, if your basket was SAL, AQP, SUL, EPS and IMP, you would currently be 36,7 % up..... Now we know why Simon's crowd doesn't allow us to edit earlier posts.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
looks like my diamond/coal explorer,MMH, will help me rise above the 38 place in this month position,thank goodness!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
prices are updated again... I tried out a EOD system - i want to build a Amibroker formula to spit out the SQL Statements i need to update the database, does anyone know how i can get the JSE Code (SOL for SASOL) in the explore function using the AddColumn or AddTextColumn functions? Close for closing, FullName() for name, Name() for short name, but i cannot get the ticker?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
if anyone finds any errors relating to your stock selecting please let me know - [email protected] - i think all should be OK, but this is draft until all is sorted with the pricing...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Give it a go and see how far it goes.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Werner. I don't have AmiBroker with me at the moment, so I can not check myself. When one selects info for a security, one of the fields contains the code. Look at the name of the field. Maybe it can help you.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks, i also don't have amibroker with me now, but will look when i have it opened.
0 Kudos