Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picker Challenge

Werner_1
Super Contributor
You will notice that the stock picker challenge ranking and growths have just been changed, this is not due to the share price, but as a result that the dividends for the year-so-far have been added to the shares. I have to thank the guys that helped me get all the dividends! www.valueinvestorsa.com/stockpicker
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Werner_1
Super Contributor
this challenge is a nice illistration of what a dividend payout can do to your portfolio, i think many people dont realise that the small payments that people think are irrelevant can have a huge effect. I have to congratulate Electrox so far for a 30% profit, not bad... but still many months to come, interesting times lie ahead!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How do u enter the challenge????
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Unfortunately nobody can enter anymore, the challenge started on the 15th January and will end on the last day of the year. then early next year, we will announce the winner. and the next challenge might start, if we have one. so i guess you will have to wait for next year. sorry about that.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
no man if dividends were included I think the guys might have chosen diff shares, like me DAMMIT!!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Sorry, the challenge was started in 2008 by Topgun, we using the same criteria this year, has always been that way.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
No probs man, I think its great what you are doing!
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
and you never know SPG might declare a R2 or so Div then ill be in luck hey!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
cool. go SPG... lol
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
There is going to be a year when someone will choose a penny share that will fly from say 2c to 20c as it is not unusual and even N:149 will become winner for that year.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Divs did not do me any favours I slipped from 23 to 31 position
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Wow, long time since ive checked on the forum... and, 2nd place. not bad. Wont be suprised to see a complete flip by year end. Was the second prize maserate blue or white?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
you choose the color. lol.. haha
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just wanna add my thanks to you Werner.
0 Kudos