Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock picker 2008

MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Whats up Werner??
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
on holiday in hawaii
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Patience....tomorrow's closing prices will determine 2008's winners...and (big) losers...watch this space on Friday..
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Was the compo not best long and short?? So the guys in the middle are the losers....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Sorry guys, i am on holiday, not Hawaii, but Buffels Bay just outside Knysna... fortunately for me, the region has HSDPA and my mobile works as a excellent modem. I was in contact with Topgun and will publish the final results as soon as he as worked the dividends out. it will be online then, i will post a comment here indicating when you can check...
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Please post web address again i lost it
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
www.valueinvestorsa.com/stockpicker - this is the new address... i moved my website...
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
What a slaughter. Seems we running for the biggest loss not gainer competition
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GUYS... The final results has been calculated by Topgun and published on the website (http://www.valueinvestorsa.com/stockpicker/)... MichaelR - Well Done on a excellent performance - you were the only contestant to achieve a positive return over the 2008 year! Remember this is including dividend payouts, etc...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
please start to think of your 2009 picks, i will be creating a little differnet website shortly (once home from holidays next week) and we one will be able to submit ones selection online... we need to arrange a start date.. any suggestions? 10 Jan 2009?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
today first trading day of 2009 up to the last trading day of the year, december 31, submissions can be up to jan 10
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please let us know asap on the dates. I suggest an end of Jan start till end of December. Will we be required to submit picks on teh forum or direct to the website?
0 Kudos