Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stocking up on BAW

Mr_S
Super Contributor
Hi there, im thinking of stocking up on BAW, everyone says its an excellent long term share etc and its fundamentals seem very good. i have reviewed the current share price, and im assuming its dropped significantly due to retail motor sales etc. any comments abt the share? and do you think it can go lower than R65?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'mpossibly alone,but held this share in the past,wont buy again till the regression line points up....i think it lost a great deal of wooma when they sold off PPC.Really OMO
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
but without PPC, how high do u think this share could appreciate? cos the are very diversified etc, im sure there is still some upside to this share..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
just look at the four shares that trade autos and see how they have suffered,namely Bidvest,BAW,Imperial and Super Group.Sure the first three are great companies,but why take a chance of entering now,with Tito showing that he does not take kindly to critism!...they will recover,but how long is anyones guess,there are so many better shares out there at the moment,,,they could fall further or more liikely stay static for months yet.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Mr S BAW came out with good results a little while ago and the share went up to approx R114 then just drifted down without a halt didnt quite make sense to me anyhow i hold BAW and hope it recovers some lost ground maybe it will come with drop in interest rates.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm long BAW too. Support at 68 or 69 with resistance at about 80. Got in at 69 with a stop just below 68 - target late 70s for me. Purely technical trade tho, so no advice re fundamentals or long term target.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Brazen looks like you stopped out.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
yep, he jus stopped out, that is exactly why i dont favour the stop loss very much for my long term investments, if i do put one in, i place it around 20%. why did the share suddenly drop tho? was it a result of that director being appointed?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
oh and im re-thinking my decision to stock up on BAW, cos im not sure if its reached a bottom yet
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Technicall my bias here would not be to go long. The General Industrial Index has broken down and confirmed a Double Top formation, multiple lower targets in place (BAW falls within this Index). I would be looking to short BAW again on a key reversal day from current levels. I believe BAW will make new lows before we see it back at its lofty heights...
0 Kudos