Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stockpicker Challenge Website - news on the delayed pricing

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Guys, i just want to let you know, i managed to find a service that could offer me delayed shareprices, but as expected this costs quite a bit, R6200 p/m, and at the moment i cannot spend that on displaying our challenge data. If anyone has suggestions on how i could raise this money, perhaps a payable service on the website, i would be glad to look into it... Until i come up with an alternative idea, i will update the prices on a EOD basis using the OST Watchlist as the datasource.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Hi Werner... who is providing that service at R6k per month. I need to set up something similar and need a few contact people. Any help would be appreciated... thanks!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thats fine,thanks for your effort and your and Top Guns ideas....a year is a long time to forecast as in these days the markets seem a whole lot more volatile than in the past.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you can get daily data for 100 buck a month, why dont you just use you amibroker data suplier.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
John, yes, i am also looking into building an Amibroker formula to generate my update scripts for the website, but this would be EOD only - i don't know if sharenet offers a realtime service? - but thanks, i will look into it!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Werner, I think EOD is fine, it's just a "for fun" competition, so I don't think anyone really expects to see their position live, or even 15 min delayed for that matter. Don't stress, I think it's great the way it is, you've done a good job! Thanks
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree end of day is perfect we don't need live prices.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I also agree for the whole day i can bathe in the sunshine of being # 29 and when at at 7pm i realise i am # 35 i can turn to my friend J AND B to console me............
0 Kudos