Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Story of SA resources

kwagga
Super Contributor
Everyone just loves kicking this dog.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Yeah Kwagga - I suppose it depends on who you speak to, but having said, I,m in that camp as well.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
several looking cheap but they might look cheaper yet.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My point of view is that if it might be time to start taking small positions in good resource shares with the eye on building that long term portfolio. Bill, Anglo, Imp, Lon, Acl to name a few. Saying this, you should also be willing take some short term pain for that long term gain. Not for everyone. omo
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
I wouldnt call ACL a good resource share. Very very bad management team making it a bad resource share. Agree with you on BIL and would add SOL.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
ACL still worth a look.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Your friend Preston owns all of ACL...talk about waiting for the suckers on the street
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Really not interested in your ramblings....
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
No signs of recovery yet
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Guys, with respect to ANG, GFI and GLD (the latter the sale price in Rand terms)...Compare their relative graphs over 3 years...There is a serious disconnect here and something has to break...The gold miners are going to bounce back soon, and then quickly..They are so cheap at the moment..IMO
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Bounce back? Yes, but with the strike scare...I'm just wondering how long the bounce back happens. Maybe the weaker rand could help mitigate the situation...
0 Kudos