Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Story on Crime channel 255

Wizard
Super Contributor
Man wrongly convicted of murder. Spends 16 years in jail(1980-1996). Gets compensation $600k for the wrong conviction. $200k goes to his layer. Then he played the stock market and he lost the money! That would have been at the time if u don't buy DRD then u make money out of anything..unless u SHORT!
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Thus, man rightly convicted of Stupidity.Spends 16 years in jail.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
stupid until proven otherwise.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Actually I recon teaching prisoners about markets might be a fantastic way of rehabiliting them and providing an alternative to crime...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Darwin award stuff. lol
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
yip Madoff could teach them :)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How I made my first billion with a break-in or a gun 101..... Lesson 1 - Bull***** as many rich as you can influence... lesson 2 - throw huge parties (with their money of course and it gets more rich folk to like you)...lesson 3 - get the rich folk to tell their less rich friends about your company...lesson 4 - repeat step 2 for these newcomers ....lesson 5 - repeat until the old lady in shanty town is in with a chance.... final lesson - make sure you never EVER EVER tell anyone you just ponzi, rather "buy your own death" if you can...(I think my friend Michael J did it and I was not that tight with Dodi and Princess Di but rumour has it) ....... ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I doubt it, if only 10% of them make money, the rest will end up with a new addiction, which they will need to fuel. And what is a convict's best option for fueling a gambling addiction?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry that's the African version (with a break-in or a gun)...American version WITHOUT a break-in or without a gun...
0 Kudos