Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stress Relievers

Terra
Super Contributor
I was wondering what traders do to relieve some stress during the course of a trading day. I've been building my RUBIKS CUBE this week, and managed to complete the cube in 3 min 22 sec. Not close to any form of record, but it helps to keep the blood pressure down. Check this out for fun... http://www.rubiks.com/TV/video.php?videoid=138
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Preston
Super Contributor
Do threadmill running of late +/- 6-8km X 5 time a week
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
That sounds like training for an event.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
It is something that i really love doing.I also love drinking whiskey after a good training session and watching a good game of rugby where the sharks are victorious.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hey Preston....Is the beast going to move to Joburg ??
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
run marathons
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I hope not. Tendai is a good player
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
km? and your best time?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Preston, how you lately? How was 2010 for you? I know people don't like my comments (lol) but if you're getting that stressed perhaps you are over exposed to short term fluctuations? I know the trader guys will attack me now, but please tell me where they are all, there was so many that claimed to get 75% per month but they have mysteriously vanished... Would Ove to debate that again... Lol... Sorry I am bored..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey werner, Looking forward for being a daddy (Baby is due in March) my views is that long term trading far outweight short term trading, however you should not ignore any short term fundamentals that could add to your current position. I love both forms of trading.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Werner, you are 100% correct. Most traders over expose themselfs, and get all stressed out during volatile periods. It must be great being an investor without any stress.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Excellent, good luck with the baby, let me know when he/she arrives... I think a balance is vital, long term stability is the most important. Where are all those guys?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What traders do....I train.4x per week.I worked out a Holistic program encompassing Dynamic Tension,Isometrics and plain old-fashioned Weights.I started a Logbook in 2003, when I had a bad trading loss...and vowed to punish myself until my discipline was of Steel. It is 2011 and I do it in cult-like fashion.After training, I shake hands with Bob Marley and Scottie beams me up.Voila !...all tension gone.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Werner , remember the share JDH, it was a short term trade gone bad. If those guys were in for long term trading, that share would have given them a 800% return (based on current bid). Not bad
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope .. you missed the 100:1 consolidation ..
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
hahaha Nice Werner Those "traders" who claim huge profits are very quickly silenced, long term wealth creation, buying quality stocks is the only way with little stress
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. that then makes 8% gain...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
theyoungster... good to hear from you again, those guys are so full of themselves that they never admitted that they couldnt really get 75% consistently each month, now they're silenced and i think that speaks for itself. that being said, trading is important, if its done correctly one can make good profits, but not 75% per month, consistently, i think not even the top traders at GS and JPM can do that.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The problem i have with short term trading profit , is that i cannot account for that money. That money was spent on insigificant stuff.I must admit money management on short term profit is very poor.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
still nope .. your 1c stock is now at 0.12c ..
0 Kudos