Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Successful traders?

Not applicable
asylum on wich platform do u trade forex?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
standardbank fx trader they recently opened in july, you can also trade gold and silver, they also have mini acc or standard depending on your funds.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
forex is the way to go.....igindex.co.uk......good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any view on the dollar direction?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
will continue weakening, something must change fundamentally to allow for it to strengthen
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Morfeus, surely with Neo in your camp you should be able to enter and control the market!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Direction of the $ irrelevant.....if you day trading you want the short term picture and your system will put you long or short irrelevant of longer term outlook. If your system is working scalping 10-20 points a day is very very achievable. Thats $200 a day on $10 per pip giving you $4000 a month income. Maybe not enough to live off but it will change the way you live. As always, may the charts be with you.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
it could also go the other way and you could be minus $4000 per month
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ninja Thanks for the advice. I assume you are doing well in forex. Thats what I wanted to hear. I'll have a look at IG index. Any idea on the best time to trade ? Are you trading Eur/USD? I don't have the whole day to sit and scalp unfortunately. But thatnks for the valuable advice
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Dr if that is happening you shouldn't be trading or you should be adjusting your system....you cannot make money on the markets if you don't know what you are doing. No, I don't trade Euro/$.....trade Aussie Dollar/ US Dollar and GBP/US $. I trade from 7pm to 10pm. GBP trades well 8am - 10 am and from 3pm to about 8pm. Aussie is good to trade to 10pm or so. Most liquidity through the working day but unfortunately I am doing just that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cool, this is the sort of stuff I wanna hear. Been looking at IG markets myself, and have also heard that Gbp/usd is a good trade around those times. are we allowed to share email addresses here or not?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Think about it. Have you consistently made money every single month. If as you say you can make $4000/m - you should also be able to make $400 000 on the same principle. Have you made at least a millon dollars, should be easy if every months trade is a positive one
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
OMG into the twilight zone we go. DR not even the best make a consistent return. If you are looking for a system that gives you a set amount of cash every month and on every trade until you are a millionaire because you can ignore the risk you are waisting your time. What I am saying is that my system works, not all the time and by varying amounts every month. It does however put a lot more money into my account than it takes out. If I didn't trade forex I would have less cash to live on than if I did. Consistently.If you don't want to trade forex then don't.....but I am making a consistent return and have been doing so for some time......I have a new kitchen, bathroom and several holidays paid in cash as a result and a growing healthy investment account. $4000 a month was an example of what can be achieved by slowly trading small amounts. Sometimes I bank 10 pips a day with $5 on a pip other days I bank 50 pips a day with $50 a pip - my system not only gives me entry/exit signals but also trade size based on criteria met. Not sure what point you are trying to make but seems like you don't believe that what I am saying is possible. Maybe it's just the case that what I am proposing is beyond your ability to achieve as a trader. Either way your comments are irrelevant, the $ in my account are proof of that. I will not day trade for a living until my investment account has grown to over $1M and I have no debt in terms of bond etc - this does not mean that trading cannot change your life or that it has to be one or the other. To all you aspiring traders out there do not let anyone tell you it can't be done.....with hard work, some intuition and perserverance you may not trade for a living but trading for a 2 week holiday in the Maldives is just as rewarding.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cant argue with that :) Sorry Ninja, but I'm going to become a pest over the next few months. Once i get my demo account up and running (starting tonight), I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
good point, want to share your system
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Why DR, you wouldn't follow it even if you knew it...thats the point, you have to find a system that works for you. Morfeus, good luck.....attend the OST courses, by the books on forex, study online, watch you tube clips for anything that makes sense....never ever stop wanting to know more, never give up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll try it. Share the system with me. I'll try it out on my demo account, what have i got to lose :)
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
dont do short term trading, dont have the time and I have not figured out hourly tarding. More of a longer term, buy for decent amount > R Xm, hold for decent returns and sell. Has always worked, except for the ACL case where they got their mining rights wronga and trade was suspended
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unfortunately I don't have millions :( Thats why I was asking Ninja for his forex method. Hey Ninja, where are you now. Leave the roulette table and come back to forex
0 Kudos