Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Suggestion

kylen
Occasional Contributor
The new OST site is great, well done. I think this site will be even better if we had a tab say (International Markets), just giving us info on the Asian, London and American markets, maybe a bit of news and where the market is trading at currently (Dow). A great added extra could be to show the Dow Futures. My view is that the international markets have a major influence on the SA market.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
It is definitely looking much better, my only gripe is it's still not working properly in Google Chrome, which is my preferred browser :(
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, still issue with chrome this side. the menu is small and cramped in the left corner below each other rather than along the top as with IE or FF. The rollover/dropdown function has my screen/menu selection then jump down to about mid screen, from mouse position and the "additional choices" are available but move the mouse to make a selection and the screen jumps back to the starting position (cramped in top left corner) and drop down options disapear.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
I used Internet Explorer since its start many years ago. However, once i recently started to receive live prices, it was simply too slow to follow, very irritating. On advice, i tried Mozilla Firefox; it was fast enough but had other serious issues, so i continued to test Chrome and Opera. Still a lot of breaks, blank screens etc, despite all the recommended measures. At last i found a browser that works; Safari. Give it try for test, if your issues be resolved, one can still have IE or Chrome as default for other sites if preferred. So if you have problems, it does not need to be a bug in the OST, as other financial sites with streaming data have the same issues as OST.
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
agree, nice improvement. only gripe, and not sure if this is/was related only to my browser or settings therein, but it has only sort of worked on and off, to be able to right click and open windows in new tabs. it will only allow opening in an ntirely new window, but not new tab. strange thing is that out of a blue moon it would work, then again not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WOW, Thanks guys, the chrome problem is fixed...now it works just like all the others. So now I can officially say great improvement. Cheers.
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
well, and today again out of the blue, i can open in a new tab. lets hope it lasts. i made no changes to my browser.
0 Kudos
Maxpear
Occasional Contributor
Looks Great...however it's seriously slow. I'd rather have speed than pretty tabs!
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
On the whole I am quite happy with the new layout but one thing bugs me is that in the Forum, once I had read a particular post the title changed colour. So next time I opened the Forum I could see which ones I had read. Now I am wasting time opening threads that I have read already because I haven't concentrated on the title, or have simply forgotton. For that I would like to go back to the old way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My gripe is that when you type a share name in the "quick find" box and hit enter, the trade page comes up and not the quote page like in the previous version.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with you kylen, some international news and data would be useful. Been a bit lacking so far.
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
.. and today we cannot open in a new tab again, only in a new window. what gives ? anyone know if this is something invoked by OST or something that changes in individual browsers ?
0 Kudos