Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Support at 10200

kr_pto
Super Contributor
Harmony seems to be holding up nicely intraday at its daily support level of 10200. Would seem to be a pull back to what was previously a resistance level. Nice strong level going back to April 06. Will be interesting to see if fails to break this support today. To my mind HAR is looking good to go soon. Anyone else with thoughts on HAR?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
dijon
Occasional Contributor
Have Harmony as a client,then see if you have the guts to consider a long position.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tell us more, this sounds like an interesting story
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
indeed, do tell. legit concerns or been screwed over?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
See money max, they are calling a buy,with a target of R 200.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
seems to be moving back up nicely from 10200 support. hopefully closing about 10200.
0 Kudos
tongaat
Not applicable
kindly advise what the heck is happening to this stock
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
gold off a percent or so today, causing most gold shares to be dragged down. HAR seems to be worst hit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Out of my 9 stocks held HAR is the only one in the red this month...
0 Kudos
catseye
Occasional Contributor
I think harmony is comming back to 90rands even if gold goes up this stock has been my worst investment.
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Harmony , Harmony !!bit of a misnomer nothing harmonius about this . Think a small correction up to 103 odd then a reversal down to the late eighties. Can'nt understand esp with all saying gold should go through the roof !! Still up a wee bit o:)
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
In my opinion, one has to look at why you are buying a share. If you are holding for the long term (based on what you feel are solid fundamentals), then short term weakness shouldnt bother you. If you are trading, the trends and related indicators are all that concern you in the moment (possibly after taking into account fundamentals as a way of helping to pick a stock to trade on). In the case of HAR, on TA basis has been in a downward primary trend pretty much since beginning of year. It would seem that this may be turning back up, in a bottoming pattern, based on the MAs converging. That said, yday, broken back down through the 10200 support level, which now may become the resistance again. Today's close will be interesting to watch, and see if yday was a one day anomaly, or has formed a new trend below 10200. One very important thing to keep in mind (IMO again): for ANY trade, one has to accept that you may be incorrect, as the market presents so many variabls that influence whether there are more keen buyers than keen sellers. So why you may believe a previous pattern indicates a probability of a specific move direction, NOTHING is guaranteed, ever. So define the risk, decide that you are happy with that, if it is goes beyond that stop out. I will wait to see what happens today and in relation to my stop loss. any other thoughts?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What bugs me is that HAR is a share that you (sorry, I) trade, not invest in. I don't think it's a good long term investment, and therefore it works better to trade it a few days/weeks at a time.
Given the above, I see we still can't short HARQ. Any reason for that? Simon? I'm sure liquidity isn't a problem??
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Thanks Kr!pto , always nice to be reminded of the bigger picture . I still think Har's shaft (price) will get a bit deeper !Nice to trade in volatlity , love the thrill of the chase !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and this is one of the shares roffey mentioned to buy.
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Dr's don't alway's prescribe nice muti !!!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
You guys ever heard of "platinum" ? Gold must be the k@kkest sector to trade IMO.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
The MM must be able to borrow the script for hedging a short. Maybe HAR does not allow this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I concur, im finding platinum to be better to trade. Gold is real fickle..
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
i like to trade both gold and plat. but admittedly AMS has done much better things for me than GFI or HAR! much better. :) so still think better to be more weighted that side (plat). and i agree with other comment, HAR is a trading share for me, not long term investment.
0 Kudos