Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Support

sponono
Super Contributor
dates back to May 2010. Has to hold.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
gareth01
Regular Contributor
its been fighting hard...been adding to my position for the dividend (but very mindful of the support line)...stop loss activated just in case.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They are about to lose 40% of their call revenue going forward at the new rates. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole - except as a short!
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD - when were these rates made known?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It has been an endless topic in the the newspapers. 99c per miniute down from R1,7. Only the contract holders have to suffer the insult of these rates until their contracts expire. CELL C is offering a further 33% discount after 6 and on weekends and international calls to certain (and many prime) countries at discounted local rates. A war! It couldn't happen to better people. I warned of this on an MTN thread over a year ago and was roundly shouted-down by all of the resident expets. Those who feel that data is going to be the salvation of these companies - should know that data sells for "nothing" overseas.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
So what do you make of the management's comments in the final report published on 17 May( I think)? Do you think they are underestimating /understating the problem?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They are supporting their company, their share price, and of course, the value of their share options. Not to mention their salaries and position. They are ultimately glorified managers - who cares what they say?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The directors, that is.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
took some at 98 today stop loss 9630 (2%)
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Threshold are you expecting MTN and VOD to report significant reductions in HEPS at their next results?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Probably the next reporting period. BUT certainly at some point after that. The point is - it will! Where's the upside?
0 Kudos
Torres
Contributor
Not even the prospect of a healthy dividend in afew days time is giving it a boost! So, what prospect is there of the share holding at the R95 level after the LDTR?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
expecting support to hold is wishing upon the market your bias...if it does not hold, the you will be disappointed...if it hold, you hold or buy , if it does not, then sell...and do the same with every trade around support...empathise, dont rationalise!
0 Kudos