Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Surf Rat Trading vs. Investing and SARS

stores
Super Contributor
Surfer.... Between the lines I think that you mentioned in an earlier post that you have a separate trading account. How have you structured this? I want to trade but am petrified of the consequences with SARS. I have considered a cc but at the end of the day after cc dividends to myself I understand that apart from charging costs to the cc there is only has a 2% tax efficiency with it at the end of the day. Also, do you have this separte account structured within the OST system? and if so are there additional costs for this. Simon...You may want to comment?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
So I have to pay the tax its like the blue bottle sting mate the best treatment is ammonia really ( his the accountant ) so on 100k we throw in 30% which is 30000 then we do another 30% which is 9000 tax so pay the tax.... on the cc the difference is marginal the blue bottles still occupy the beach on less than 400 k 10% so 100k is 10 grand above 400k i think its 28% or something... so 9000 ronds is a small price to pay for the fun of winning and lossing... hey maybe this year he needs to pay me back ( In his dreams )..I just send the ammonia the tax sheet he does the numbers....I have had issues with the blue bottles on the property side rentals now that is a whole nother story that was a big sting
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Ey surfa bra the sardines have arrived.....
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
LOL.. maybe i do understand, maybe i dont
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
You are right Shaun...and my two units at Ramsgate are currenty unoccupied..I am so tempeted to quickly gap it down there
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
weather looks good for the long weekend as well - but will only surf shorries with the tigers and Zambezi's all over the place.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Shaun..You will make more money picking up sardines off the beach then what we are trying to do in this the market at the moment
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Hey samoa just get a good accountant thats his worries so hope they stay around till I am back from london need to check out a sardine dive around the 23rd ,24th
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Surfer..Are you a Natal wave rider? Post e-mail address or phone no. for a good sardine experience on the South Coast. Thanks for your input on the SARS issue. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos