Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Surging nicely...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Ok, so it seems i did the right thing with WHL to take up the rights offer and buy in the recent dip... so far so good and i think long term it should be great... in 5+ years! Whats your thoughts on this one?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kels
Contributor
I think you are probably right Werner, however I am a little worried that the turnaround of their recent Australian purchase will not be as easy as they may think. Departmental stores are a very different kettle of fish to what they are used to. I understood them to say that they would introduce the Woolies brands into the Australian market and I am unsure what response the consumers will have to an unknown SA brand.SA retailers have certainly not had great success in the Aussie market in the past.Having said that Woolworths is a well run outfit and so I sat on the fence taking up half my rights and selling the other half. I have held for a long time and plan to sit on them or a long while yet.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
If you hold it, keep it. That's the way I feel about all the retailers at present and can't see one that I would class as a buy. Trading at PEs of 20 plus, I feel this sector is going to "doggie paddle" for the next year, that is ..going nowhere. Waiting quietly for MPC to get to 250 so I can tick it off as another 10 bagger
0 Kudos