Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Surprisingly up in spite of Rugby quotas furore.

Not applicable
Topgun - your my hero. This is well said!. I also had a couple of things to say to them but unfortunately rather not, because i don't want to get banned.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Mr Market doesn't care what ABSA thinks about the rugby and quotas, Mr Market cares only about profit .. we trade with our wallet, not our heart nor our head ..
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Some more antidote for the bleeding hearts harbouring delusions about the so-called govt - which the masses incidentally vote for...http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/Content.aspx?id=121715
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
I petitioned after the ABSA rugby quota system story became public and this is the ansewer I got from Absa... Dear Mr ........ The matter of transformation at SARU has reference. Absa engages in on-going conversations with SARU over a variety of issues. Our discussions regarding transformation was in a similar vein and was not raised as a specific matter with SARU. In fact, Absa has consistently encouraged SARU on transformational initiatives that it has undertaken thus far and, as sponsors, support SARU in their drive to achieve real transformation on and off the field. As a nation, we have consistently witnessed the unifying role that sport has played in our country. More recently, the use of Soccer City and the Orlando Stadium in Soweto for international rugby matches, and the excitement with which fans across the racial spectrum embraced the change in venues, further reinforces the nation-building potential of rugby. As a sponsor involved with SA rugby, Absa welcomed these developments as a further step towards fundamental change and transformation in South African society. However, over the past few weeks, it became evident that some of the unions have not kept to the agreement of ensuring that teams are truly representative of the demographics of our country. To ensure that we do not lose the impetus highlighted above, Absa merely requested SA Rugby to ensure that the progress and gains attained thus far are not compromised and that transformation in the game does not get neglected. It must be emphasised that, at no stage, has Absa prescribed to any union what the composition of its team should be. The following is the comment made by Absa to media: We support the efforts of SARU to promote transformation in rugby, and as sponsors we are keen to see the acceleration of transformation in rugby and will support every effort aimed at effecting this necessary change. We commend the efforts made to take the sport to the townships. However, we feel that transformation cannot be limited to the playing field only but has to cut across all sections of society. Fans should also accept these principles and act in an exemplary manner as witnessed in some of the games held at Orlando Stadium. Kind regards Absa Group Customer Service ....This letter has not stopped me from further investigating transfing my bond from them.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
hope our government will soon start taking us some minerals and land. let some of us get richer. cant wait to get more. its all ours now.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Please explain "ours" - I'm white and never shared in free land and minerals ? WTF.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga - i don't think Fushion is white.
0 Kudos
Torres
Contributor
Topgun and Striker - I fail to understand why you are so against transformation. Afterall, Transnet and Iscor was created during the Apartheid era as WEE vehicles. I didn't hear people without colour complaining then when these parastatals were making massive losses by providing sheltered employment to a minority of the population. Where would those families be if they didn't get that advantage of being white? Perhaps you should go into a township just to see what "legacy" the Nats left. You don't agree with the policies of the country, don't want to uplift your fellow countrymen, yet you are still here. Still happy just to benefit financially from the people who opened doors to the world to invest in this country in the first place. Its amazing how unpatriotic we become when the shoe is on the other foot, yet wanting to reap the financial rewards when it suits us.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So when are you guys leaving? Will anybody even notice or care.....
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
.What strikes me about this 'stop complaining or leave the country brigade,is your lack of foresight and apathy.You apparently fail to grasp the clear and present dagers facing this country,as this ANC govt. goes from one failure to the next.The attitude demonstrated by this idiot Fusion,is ample proof of the chasm that exists between White and Black cultures,values and work ethic. AS a white S/african I never got any handouts from any apartheid govt.I slaved in my business to achieve financial freedom and in some small way contributed to the economy.In spite of the huge burden that we as taxpayers must bear (15% paying for the other 85%)this apparently is'nt enough and they demand more Blood from the stone. Will they ever understand the concept of hard work and self sufficiency ? The voices of dissent against this Govt. has nothing to do with opposing transformation/economic empowerment -- the fear lies with the manner which the ANC is trying to achieve it.They are inept at governing andpolicy making, yet highly proficient atcorruption. And no need to hark back to the Nats.,because that does not make this Govt's thievery acceptable. Without the voice of opposition,this country will slide toward a one party state and the meltdown we have witnessed in Zimbabwe. Finally Rams,you seem oblivious to the brain drain this country has witnessed --talented individuals that are a sad loss. Maybe if your head was'nt in the sand you might think again.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
... oh ,I forgot to mention - if ordinary citizens (hello fusion) believe they will individually benefit in any way from nationalisation, I have news for you.Unless you are lucky enough to be in the top hierarchy of the ANC, or close family therein,sorry to tell you ,but you're not invited to that feast.So dream on people.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
striker if u lost out when it was your time its just to bad. im sharing in the feast and will do so even more in future. really i dont care about your views when im overseas spending my not so well earned loads of cash. also i dont care if its your hard earned tax money that i get to spend for the contracts i do for our government. but please dont leave as we need u guys to pay taxes so that the feast wont stop yet. and if the feast does stop , opportunity beckons. like in zimbabwe where i bought shares in a gold mine for nothing and already its profitable. always there will be opportunity.but for now lets make the easy money and just take it. hopefully soon we will take the mines , then banks, farms ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Poor Fusion.. I'm going to assume that you've had some education or you won't be spouting your particular philosophy in this forum. Rome and Ancient Greece lasted for centuries- the Vandals and the Huns for barely decades. Why? Do you really want to build a just society? Civilization? Your precious DEMOCRACY? Go read up on your Plato, Plutarch, Marcus Aurelius and not 'The World According to Julius Malema'. You belong to a doomed society, my friend. 'He who lives by plunder, will himself be plundered.' My apologies to Hybridge - I mean't Eugene Terblanche founded Volkskas... finger flutter..oops!
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
now your all squeeling about unfair play. when we squeeled for the right to vote u laughed at us. so we started a revolution. u got scared and gave us our rights. yes i got a varsity degree payed for by my farther who started a shebeen empire during apartheid. seems some of your dads was happy with the railway or post office job and pension. wheres your leaders ?? kortbroek joined us. u used to have good leaders. now your voting for a botox immigrant german.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL... what is funny is that the whites are getting all heated about some potential of a black prop or lock on a rugby field...while the blacks are planning on "legislating" the siezure of all assets. I mean really people...lets get a grip of the real issues.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
If the likes of this fusion character represents our future,then God help us all !!
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Fusion...I have one question for you, and I would really appreciate your honesty. What is wrong with simply paying a fair price for the assets you want. After all if its leadership you talk about, do you want the kids of future generations to earn the things they want from you or take them at will. What kind of leader are you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My but you can only admire the arrogance of the new SA. BEE has not only jeopardised growth but in most instances failed horribly with most deals failing. What really gets me is that we have been a democracy for nearly 20 years and yet we still find time to blame the previous government. Meanwhile our state hospitals are in a shambles, our education pathetic, and our roads a disaster. The only individuals profiteering out of this are government officials in their new multi million rand vehicles, mind you once they get home even their homes get burgled. What we need to do is stop turd flinging, stop looking for racists around every corner, yes people cops have been called pigs for decades now regardless of colour, keep our hands out the till and fix the country. And just a heads up quotas and BEE is not the way to do this. If a person is good at what he or she does let them get on with their job.
0 Kudos