Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Surviving SABC

Blik
Super Contributor
How badly did SABC duff the final of Survivor last night. What a clanger. Then the SABC issues a statement today on News 24, about people not congratulating SABC when they get things right. Bwha ha ha ha ha. Talk about wanting congratulations for competance and not excellence.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
what happened
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They switched episodes 2 & 3 of the final around, so you saw the winner announced and then last the vote for the winner. I think that's how the picking of state tenders also work in this country.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and the 10pm news said the FTSE closed up, when it wasnt even open yesterday
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I should have Googled it ages ago....or bought DSTV. What worries me more is the comment from the SABC:SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago said the broadcaster is investigating the incident. "We're looking into what happened and we'll issue a statement later," he told News24. He put a positive spin on the mix-up. "Thank you very much to the people watching the SABC. When things go wrong they're quick to complain, but they don't congratulate us when things go right." Thats exactly what they are supposed to do, thats their job. I dont expect a "well done Blik" at the end of my working day. If I work 5 hours overtime, I may expect, or want, a small backslap. Congratualations should be for excellence and not competance. This is something that seems to be filtering through various levels of Government service at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If bafana bafana would play an International game say in Italy, i'm sure SABC would broadcast it even if supersport bought the broadcasting rights. But the Tri nations rugby international games....? they dont bother.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
SABC is just plain bad, they always have their financial indicators wrong in the morning news. I even wrote them a email suggesting that they get someone to go onto bloomberg just before the 7 oclock news to help them ......... I got no reply.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Yes Those morning business headlines are cringeworthy. They once repeated Hong Kongs figures each day during a 4 day holiday. The only thing that comes close to business news on SABC is the lunchtime with Mr Happy Gunther D?????
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Don't know what you guys are talking about. I havn't watched TV for the past several years. Got tired of getting my intelligence insulted.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but then how do you know that the MIGHTY MIGHTY SHARKS are the greatest rugby team ever ??
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
No sweat...a fully representative task team that reflects the rainbow's demographic, gender and racial composition will be appointed to investigate the cause of this unfortunate and unforseen mishap....watch this space...but don't expect a report any time soon...and in time we may well be back to test patterns...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Catch it at the pub.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I don't own a TV. Gave it to my ex.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
UNDERSTANDING BEE..Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics professor and says, "I don't understand the point of BEE. Can you explain it to me?" The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed. At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his backyard pool. They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said, "First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water as you can." The student did as he was instructed. The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was naturally confused, but did as he was told. The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times, and began walking back to the deep end of the pool. The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?" The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the shallow end much deeper. The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but figured that he would find out the real story soon enough. However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end, the student began to become worried that his economics professor had gone mad. The student finally stated, "What we're doing is rather senseless. Even worse, when this process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before. So, all we really will have accomplished is a total the waste of time and effort!" The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile, "Congratulations. You now understand BEE"
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
At Simon. Simon I dont need a TV to know that the Sharks are the best team ever. Its the same with sunrises and sunsets - I just know they going to happen. The odd Currie Cup stumble, against Die Streeptruie, doesnt bother me in the least. The Sharks minds must have been preoccupied with far higher thought than just a mere rugby game. They were all probably pondering Newton's Laws of motion or trying to find the elusive Chartist, while running the ball or going into a ruck. Still to be absolutely sure, just in case one doesnt believe, you need DSTV. The last Sharks game i saw on SABC was in the dark ages.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
well, well, you learn sumthin ever'day. I'm amazed that anyone on this forum even allows that cr@p in their home let alone watch it!
0 Kudos